Chapter-2 Marriage Through Registration
3. Application for Marriage:
(1) Any male or female interested to conclude the marriage through Registration (Registered Marriage) shall submit a duly signed joint application within the period prescribed in the Act, in the format specified in Schedule-1 before the Marriage Registration Officer.
(2) Upon receiving an application pursuant to Sub-rule (1), the Marriage Registration Officer shall register the application into the marriage application detail register in the format as specified in Schedule-2.
(3) Upon registering the application pursuant to Sub-section (2), the Marriage Registration Officer, if finds such proposed marriage to be in against of the prevailing law and denies to conclude such marriage, shall inform
through a written Notice to the applicants within seven days of registration of such application, by stating the reasons for denial that on what grounds that marriage seems illegal.
4. Affidavit (Deed of Declaration): The Parties to the marriage shall sign an affidavit (deed of declaration) upon agreeing or accepting one another as a husband and a wife in a format as specified in Schedule-3 and submit the same to the Marriage Registration Officer pursuant to Section -8 of the Act.
5. Marriage Registration: After the completion of putting signature in the Affidavit pursuant to Rule 4, the Marriage Registration Officer shall register the marriage in the Marriage Register as specified in Schedule-4.
6. Marriage Certificate: Upon registration of the marriage pursuant to Rule 5, the Marriage Registration Officer shall issue a certificate of marriage to the parties to the marriage in a format as specified in Schedule-5.