(1) Government of Nepal may in case any person undertakes mining operations without obtaining a license under this Act, stop such mining operations, seize the machinery equipment, instruments and goods used for such mining operation including the minerals explored in an unauthorized manner, and punish such a person with a fine not exceedingOne Hundred Thousand Rupees and also cause to recover compensation for the property lost or damage resulting from such operations.
(2) In case a licensee fails to comply with the directives issued under Section 11A or the orders issued under Section13, the Department may issue an order for suspending his/her mining operations until he/she
complies with directives or orders, as the case may be, or may also revoke the license, and if any damage is caused to the mine or the minerals deposit or soil erosion or caused injury or loss of property of any person by reason
of such non-compliance with the directives or orders, such a person shall beliable to a fine not exceeding One Hundred Thousand Rupees and also with recovery of a reasonable amount of compensation on the basis of damage
caused by him/her.
(3) The Department may, in case the licensee fails to furnish information or reports to be furnished pursuant to Section 20, issue an order for suspension of mining operations until such information or reports are furnished.
(4) The Department may, in case the licensee acts in contravention to this Act or the Rules framed hereunder, in connection with matters other than those referred to in this Section, punish such a person with a fine not
exceeding One Hundred Thousand Rupees or may revoke the license issued for mining operations.
(5) The Department shall give an opportunity to the concerned person to submit his/her defense before initiating any action pursuant to Sub-sections (1), (2), (3) or (4).
(6) In case any person hinders or obstructs mining operations undertaken by the Department or a licensee pursuant to this Act, such a person shall be liable to the punishment with a fine not exceeding Ten Thousand Rupees or with an imprisonment for a term not exceeding Six month or with both by an order issued by the authority as specified by Government of Nepal by a Notification in the Nepal Gazette.
(7) Any person who is not satisfied with the penalties imposed pursuant to Sub-sections (1), (2), (3), (4) or (6) may file an appeal to the Court of Appeal within Thirty-Five days (from such punishment).