- Steering Committee: (1) There shall be a Steering Committee as follows, in order to operate, look after and steer the functions related to the protection of the rights to employment of the citizen:
(a) Minister/State Minister, Ministry of Labor,
Employment and Social Security -Chairperson
(b) Member, National Planning Commission
(who looks after the matters concerned) -Member
(c) Secretary, Ministry of Labor, Employment
and Social Security -Member
(d) Secretary, Ministry of Finance -Member
(e) Secretary, Office of the Prime Minister and
Council of Ministers (who looks after the
matter concerned) -Member
(f) Secretary, Ministry of Industries, Commerce
and Supplies -Member
(g) Secretary, Ministry of Physical Infrastructure
and Transport -Member
(h) Joint-secretary, Ministry (who looks after
the Prime Minister Employment Program) -Member-Secretary
(2) There shall be steering committees in the Province and Local Level, as prescribed.
(3) The secretariat of the Committee referred to in sub-section (1) shall be situated in the Ministry.
- Meeting of the Committee: (1) The meeting of the Committee shall be convened at such date, time and venue as fixed by the Chairperson.
(2) Two persons, including at least one woman representing employers and laborers, shall be invited to the meeting of the Committee.
(3) The decisions of the Committee shall be certified and kept by the Member-Secretary.
(4) The procedures relating to the meeting of the Committee shall be as determined by the Committee itself.
(5) Other matters relating to the meeting of the Committee and implementation of the decisions shall be as prescribed.
- Functions, duties and powers of the Committee: The functions, duties and powers of the Committee shall be as follows:
(a) To make analysis and projection of the demand of the labor market and the availability of existing human resources,
(b) To make recommendation to the Government of Nepal about policies required to make provisions for employment or self-employment for the unemployed person,
(c) To guide the Provincial Government and Local Level in the preparation of updated records of the unemployed person,
(d) To prepare policies and programs relating to unemployment support to be provided to the unemployed person on behalf of the State,
(e) To make policy-wise recommendation to the Government of Nepal in relation to livelihood allowance to be provided to the unemployed person,
(f) To make coordination between the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level in the operation of the employment program,
(g) To evaluate the implementation of the Unemployment Support Program.