9. Constitution of Academic Council:
(1) There shall be an Academic Council to manage and regulate the educational, academic and research functions of the Academy.
(2) The Academic Council shall be constituted as follows:
(a) Rector -Chairperson
(b) Five persons from amongst Chairperson of various Subject Committees of the Academy nominated by the Senate on the recommendation of Executive Council -Member
(c) Director -Member
(d) Heads of the Curriculum and Examination Institution of the Academy -Member
(e) Two persons including at least One women from amongst Teachers nominated by the Senate on the recommendation of Executive Council -Member
(f) Two persons including at least One woman from amongst the persons who have made substantial contribution in the field of Health nominated by the Senate on the recommendation of Executive Council – Member
(g) The Dean designated by the ViceChancellor from amongst the Deans – Member Secretary
(3) The tenure of office of the nominated members shall be Three years.
(4) In case the office of a nominated member falls vacant for any reason whatsoever, another person shall be nominated for the remaining term having fulfilled the same process.
(5) Procedures relating to the meetings of the Academic Council shall be as prescribed.
10. Functions, Duties and Powers of the Academic Council: The functions, duties and powers of the Academic Council shall be as follows:–
(a) To formulate necessary policies, plans and programmes to systematise and regularise the educational, academic and research functions and submit for the approval in the Senate,
(b) To operate or cause to operate study and research programmes to award education in different subjects and levels relating to Health Sciences,
(c) To determine the qualification of the Teachers necessary for the Academy,
(d) To approve curriculum and set the standard of study, research, training and orientation to be operated by the Academy,
(e) To select the students,
(f) To fix the standards of examination,
(g) To recommend to Senate for degrees to the students who get success in the study programme conducted by the Academy,
(h) To recommend to Senate for honorary degrees, scholarship, medal and prize to be conferred by the Academy,
(i) To prepare standard text books,
(j) To evaluate study, research, training and orientation programme to be operated by the Academy,
(k) To determine the fees to be charged for study, training and research,
(l) To implement and execute the decision of Senate relating to Academic Council and to monitor,
(m) To perform such other functions as prescribed.