- Victim Protection Suggestion Committee: (1) There shall be a Victim Protection Suggestion Committee as follows, for making suggestions to the Government on the protection of the rights and interests of the crime victims:
(a) Attorney General -Coordinator
(b) Chairperson, Nepal Law Commission -Member
(c) Secretary, Government of Nepal, Ministry of Finance -Member
(d) Secretary, Government of Nepal, Ministry of
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs -Member
(e) Inspector General of Police, Nepal Police -Member
(f) One expert designated by the Government of Nepal
from among the persons who have made significant
contribution in the field of victimology or criminal justice -Member
(2) The tenure of the member referred to in clause (f) of sub-section (1) shall be of five years.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), the Government of Nepal may at any time remove the member referred to in clause (f) of sub-section (1) if he or she has incompetence or bad conduct or fails to perform his or her duties honestly.
Provided that prior to so removing from the office, he or she shall not be deprived of an opportunity to submit his or her clarification.
- Functions of the Victim Protection Suggestion Committee: (1) The functions of the Victim Protection Suggestion Committee shall be as follows:
(a) To make suggestions to the Government of Nepal as to the improvement and revision to be made in the existing law for the protection of the rights and interests of the victims,
(b) To make suggestions to the Government of Nepal as to the policy measures to be adopted by the Government of Nepal for the security of the victims and mitigation of damage and adverse effects sustained by the victims from the offence,
(c) Where Nepal is to become a party to an international treaty or agreement related to the rights of the victims, to make recommendation to the Government of Nepal to that effect, along with the reason,
(d) To make suggestions to the Government of Nepal to operate such particular service as is necessary upon identifying the needs of the victims.
(2) Having regard also to the suggestions of the Victim Protection Suggestion Committee, the Government of Nepal shall operate the services including relief, social rehabilitation, counseling, financial, physical, social, legal aid/support for the security, protection of the rights and interests of the crime victims, and for mitigating the damage, negative impact and effect sustained or to be sustained by the victims due to the offence.
- Meeting allowance: The coordinator and members of the Victim Protection Suggestion Committee shall get such meeting allowance as prescribed by the Government of Nepal for participating in the meeting of the Committee.