- Special rights of citizens with disabilities and Dalit citizens: (1) Citizens who are blind shall have the right to acquire free education through Braille script and who are deaf and citizens with voice and speech impairments shall have the right to acquire free education through sign language as prescribed.
(2) The Dalit citizens who have disabilities and are indigent shall have additional special rights pursuant to the prevailing law, in addition to the rights set forth in this Act, with respect to acquiring education.
(3) Special provisions shall be made for the children who are Dalit, have disabilities and are indigent economically, and who are out of schools, in order to get them admitted to the schools and give continuity in their learning.
- To operate model, specialized and mobile school with facilities: (1) The Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level may establish and operate a model school, specialized school or mobile school or similar other special kind of school.
(2) The school opened or operated pursuant to sub-section (1) shall be established with the permission of the Level where it has been opened.
(3) The school opened or operated pursuant to sub-section (1) shall fulfil the standards prescribed by the prevailing law.
- Provisions of monitoring, and monitoring indicators: (1) In order to carry out monitoring for the sake of implementation of this Act, a mechanism shall be constituted as prescribed.
(2) The Ministry of the Government of Nepal that is responsible the matters relating to education shall prepare the monitoring indicators for the implementation of the right to education as provided for in this Act.
(3) The monitoring indicators referred to in sub-section (1) shall be published for information of the public.
(4) The mechanism referred to in sub-section (1) shall measure as to whether implementation has been made according to the monitoring indicators.
(5) Other provisions relating to monitoring mechanism and indicators shall be as prescribed.
- To submit report: (1) Every Rural Municipal Executive or Municipal Executive shall submit a report every year to Rural Municipal Assembly or Municipal Assembly, along with the following details:
(a) The number of public and private schools being operated in the Local Level concerned and the number of children studying at such schools,
(b) The number of children admitted to schools up to the basic level,
(c) The number of children who have completed education of the basic level upon being admitted,
(d) The number of students who have left schools without completing education of the basic level in that year even upon being admitted,
(e) The amount appropriated for education of the basic level and secondary level, and its source,
(f) Other necessary matters.
(2) The report referred to in sub-section (1) shall be sent every year to the Ministry of the Government of Nepal that is responsible for the matter relating to education and the Ministry of the Provincial Government that is responsible for the matter relating to education.
- To provide details: (1) For the purposes of this Act, every Local Level shall keep updated details of mother tongue users, Dalits, persons with disabilities and economically indigent persons residing in its territorial jurisdiction.
(2) The details referred to in sub-section (1) shall be provided to the Ministry of the Government of Nepal that is responsible for the matter relating to education and the Ministry of Provincial Government that is responsible for the matter relating to education and the schools concerned.
- Partnership or collaboration to be made: (1) Necessary arrangement may be made so that partnership or cooperation among the schools and non-governmental organizations being operated pursuant to the prevailing law and the Local Level may be executed. For the sake of carrying out functions relating to the improvement in the school management, development of quality education and increasing learning achievement of the students,
(2) The implementation of the provisions relating to the partnership and cooperation pursuant to sub-section (1) shall be carried out pursuant to prevailing law.
- This Act to govern: The schools and teaching institutes in operation at the time of the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have been established and operated pursuant to this Act.
- Power to frame Rules: The Government of Nepal may frame necessary Rules to implement this Act.
- Power to make standards: (1) The Ministry of the Government of Nepal responsible for the matter relating to education may make necessary standards subject to this Act and the Rules framed under this Act.
(2) The standards made pursuant to sub-section (1) shall be made public.