- Provisions relating to mother tongue education: (1) Any citizen of every Nepali community residing in Nepal shall have the right to acquire education up to the basic level or secondary level in his or her own mother tongue.
Provided that such education shall be pursuant to the curriculum prescribed pursuant to the prevailing law.
(2) In the case of the education up to secondary level, such community may establish and operate separate school or teaching institute in order to provide education referred to in sub-section (1).
(3) The Government of Nepal may make arrangement to establish and operate schools or teaching institutes for the sake of providing mother tongue education.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), Nepali citizens may be provided mother tongue education on any particular subject according to their demands in the educational institutes or public schools operated or granted by the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government or Local Level.
- To operate school or teaching institute: (1) The school or teaching institute referred to in sub-section (2) of Section 28 shall be operated and managed by the same community which has established it.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2), in order to operate such a teaching institute or school that provides mother tongue education, the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level may provide a certain amount of money every year as grant pursuant to the request of such community.
(3) Provincial Government and Local Level may make additional arrangement with respect to the provision of mother tongue education according to local characteristics and necessity.