- Emergency health service and management: (1) There shall be a rapid response team and emergency physicians’ group as prescribed in order to extend health service immediately during emergency circumstances.
(2) The Federal, Provincial and Local Level shall develop emergency health plan and enforce it.
(3) While developing the plan referred to in sub-section (2), the Federal, Provincial and Local Level shall develop it in consonance with the standards and directives determined by the Government of Nepal under the Federal law.
(4) The Local Level may declare a state of public health emergency in accordance with the prevailing law.
Provided that, if any disaster occurs in more than one Local Level, the concerned Province, and if the public health disaster occurs in more than one Province, the Government of Nepal may declare state of public health emergency as prescribed.
(5) The information relating to the declaration of state of public health emergency shall be disseminated and transmitted by public medium for all the concerned.
(6) The period and zone of public health emergency including other aspects may be added or reduced or removed on the basis of available data and information.
(7) Other provisions relating to the emergency state of health shall be as prescribed.
- Prevention, information and treatment of infectious disease: (1) The list of infectious diseases shall be as prescribed by the Government of Nepal.
(2) If highly hazardous infectious disease outbreaks at any place, it shall be the duty of the concerned person to provide the health institution or public health official with its information.
(3) If any person is found to have been affected with infectious disease, management of his or her treatment shall be immediately made by the concerned health institution or health worker.
(4) If patients are identified with the listed infectious diseases, the concerned health institution or the health worker shall transmit the information to the concerned body within the period as prescribed pursuant to the standards prescribed.
(5) The concerned Local Level shall have the responsibility for conducting additional studies and management on time, on the basis of the information received pursuant to sub-section (4), upon obtaining necessary support from the Province and the Ministry, as prescribed.
(6) A health institution shall make necessary arrangements for the treatment of the patient with infectious disease.
(7) Other provisions relating to the prevention of infectious diseases shall be as prescribed.