- Unemployment Support Programs: (1) For the unemployment support, the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level shall conduct the following programs:
(a) Providing information relating to employment opportunities,
(b) Providing employment-oriented and skill-oriented trainings,
(c) Providing soft loan for self-employment through banks and financial institutions,
(d) Creating self-employment,
(e) Conducting other programs as prescribed.
(2) Other provisions relating to the unemployment support programs referred to in sub-section (1) shall be as prescribed.
- Required to do work: (1) A person who has received training under the unemployment support program pursuant to this Act shall do the work as prescribed, upon going to such place or field as assigned by the Employment Service Center.
(2) A person who does not go to or refuses to perform the work in the field where he or she has been assigned to pursuant to sub-section (1) shall be removed from the list of unemployed persons, and shall not be provided with the livelihood allowance referred to in Section 22.
- To provide livelihood allowance: (1) If the Government of Nepal cannot provide the unemployed person listed in the Employment Service Center with minimum employment, it shall, subject to the conditions prescribed, the livelihood allowance in a sum of fifty percent of the amount equal to such minimum wages of one hundred days as fixed by the Ministry in one fiscal year.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1), if any unemployed person gets employment only for the period less than one hundred days in one fiscal year, only the amount equal to fifty percent of the minimum wages fixed by the Ministry for the remaining period of one hundred days shall be provided as the livelihood allowance.
(3) The unemployed person who receives the livelihood allowance pursuant to sub-section (1) shall abide by the conditions as prescribed.
(4) The livelihood allowance referred to in this Section shall be provided only in the following conditions:
(a) If any member of the family cannot get employment as prescribed,
(b) To the families having annual income less than that fixed by the Government of Nepal,
(c) If no member of the family is self-employed,
(d) If no member of the family has gone to foreign employment.
Explanation “Foreign employment” means the condition where one has gone to work in a foreign country upon obtaining work permit from the Government of Nepal.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (4), the livelihood allowance shall not be provided to the family of a person who is getting pension or retirement facility from a government fund or other country or international or inter-governmental institution, organization or any other body or who is regularly receiving any kind of support from the social security fund or other support related fund of the Government of Nepal or from the employer.
Explanation For the purposes of this Section, “government fund” means any of the following funds:
(a) The consolidated fund or other government fund of the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government or Local Level,
(b) The fund of a local corporation, board, authority, enterprise or similar body which is fully or partly owned by the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government or Local Level,
(c) A fund operated with the grant received from the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government or Local Level,
(d) A fund established under the prevailing law to provide the person who has held a public office with pension,
(6) Other matters relating to the livelihood allowance to be provided pursuant to this Section shall be as prescribed.
- Provisions relating to budget: The provisions of the budget required for the programs to be operated pursuant to this Act shall be made from the annual budget appropriation of the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level.