- National Food Plan: (1) The Government of Nepal shall prepare a National Food Plan upon coordinating with the bodies of the Federation, Province and Local Level related to food.
(2) While making coordination under sub-section (1), consultation shall be held, as necessary, with other bodies or institutions of the governmental, non-governmental or private level.
(3) The matters to be included in the National Food Plan referred to in sub-section (1) shall be as prescribed.
(4) While preparing the National Food Plan pursuant to sub-section (1), the indicators of measurement and monitoring of the progress made during the implementation of the right to food shall be taken as the basis.
(5) The Government of Nepal shall include the matters of promotion of the right to food, food and nutrition security and food sovereignty in its periodic development plans.
- Operation of food and nutrition security program: The Local Level shall operate necessary programs as prescribed every year for food and nutrition security.
- Indicators of right to food monitoring: (1) The Government of Nepal shall, in order to implement this Act, prepare monitoring indicators for the right to food and the right to food sovereignty, in consultation with the Council and other relevant bodies.
(2) The monitoring indicators for the right referred to in sub-section (1) shall be published for the information of the public in general.
- Food and nutrition education and information: The Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level shall disseminate the notice and educational information related to the right to food from time to time.
- Research and development of scientific technology: In order to make sustainable development of agriculture, increase food products or promote food and nutrition security, the Government of Nepal, Provincial Government and Local Level shall make arrangement for the necessary study, research and development of scientific technology.