(1) if a non-resident Nepali, whose name has been registered in the record pursuant to Section 3, intends to take an identity card shall submit an application before the prescribed authority.
(2) If an application is submitted pursuant to sub-section(1) the prescribed authority may, upon making necessary inquiry in to an application, issue an identity card of non-resident Nepali to the applicant upon collecting the fees as
(3) The identity card issued pursuant to Sub-section (2) shall be valid, for not exceeding ten year in the case of a foreign citizen of Nepalese origin subject to visa acquired by him/her, and for a period up to two years if he/she is a Nepalese citizen residing abroad. Provided that, an identity card may be issued, to a Nepalese citizen who is
permitted to reside abroad for more than Two years by respective foreign state, for such period.
(4) A non-resident Nepali, who intends to renew his/her identity card, shall submit an application before the prescribed authority prior to expiry of the valid period.
(5) If an application is submitted pursuant to sub-section (4) the prescribed authority shall, upon collecting the fee as prescribed, renew the identity card subject to Sub-section (3).