Chapter-11 Provisions Relating to Information Technology Appellate Tribunal
66. Establishment and formation of the Appellate Tribunal :
(1) Government of Nepal shall, in order to hear the appeal against the order or the decision made by the Tribunal and to hear the appeal against the decision or
order made by the Controller or by the Certifying Authority, as the case may be, under this Act, by notification in the Nepal Gazette, establish a three
member Information Technology Appellate Tribunal consisting of one member each of law, information technology and commerce from among the persons
who are qualified under section 67,
(2) Law Member shall be the chairperson of the Appellate Tribunal.
(3) Exercise of the jurisdiction of Appellate Tribunal shall be as prescribed.
67. Qualification of the Member of Appellate Tribunal :
(1) A person who has the knowledge in information technology and who is or who has already been or who is qualified to be a judge in the Appellate Court shall be eligible to be a law member of the Appellate Tribunal.
(2) A Nepali citizen who holds at least master degree in computer science or information technology and who has at least five years experience in
the electronic transaction, information technology or electronic communication shall be eligible to be an information technology member of the Tribunal.
(3) A Nepali citizen who holds at least master degree in management or commerce and who has specialization in the field of electronic transactions
and who has at least five years experience in the relevant field, shall be eligible to be a commerce member.
68. Terms of Office, Remuneration and Terms & Conditions of the service of the Member of Appellate Tribunal :
(1) The term of office of the member of the Appellate Tribunal shall be of five years and he/she shall be eligible for reappointment.
(2) Remuneration and other terms and conditions of the services of the members of the Appellate Tribunal shall as prescribed.
(3) A member of the Appellate Tribunal shall, before assuming his/her office after appointment, take the oath of his/her office and secrecy
before the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
69. Conditions of Vacancy of Office and filling up of such Vacancy :
(1) Office of a Member of Appellate Tribunal shall be fallen vacant in the following circumstances:
(a) On expiry of terms of office,
(b) On attainment of sixty three years age,
(c) On death,
(d) If one tenders resignation
(e) If one is convicted by a court on any criminal offence involving moral turpitude, and,
(f) If it is proved that one has misbehavior or has become incompetent to perform one’s duty, while making an inquiry by Government of Nepal on the charge that one has misbehavior against one’s office or has become incompetent to perform one’s duty.
Provided that, a member of the Appellate Tribunal charged under this Clause shall be given a reasonable opportunity to defense his/her case.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in Clause (f), if the law member of the Tribunal is a sitting judge, while making such an inquiry, it shall
be done in accordance with the prevailing law concerning his/her terms of service.
(3) The procedure of inquiry, for the purpose of Clause (f) of Sub- section (1), shall as prescribed.
(4) Government of Nepal shall, in case of vacancy of the office of any member of Tribunal under Sub-section (1), fulfill such vacancy from
amongst the persons who are qualified under section 67 for remaining term of office of such a member.
70. Staff of the Appellate Tribunal :
(1) Government of Nepal shall make available necessary staff to Appellate Tribunal to perform its functions.
(2) Other provisions regarding the staff of the Appellate Tribunal shall be as prescribed.
71. Procedures to be followed by the Appellate Tribunal : The Tribunal shall, while initiating proceedings and adjudicating the appeal filed before it,
shall follow the procedures as prescribed.