7. Formation of Board :
(1) There shall be formed a Governing Board (Board of Directors) consisting of the chairperson and members, as follows, for the operation, looking after and management of the Hospital by performing and exercising all the functions, duties and powers conferred to the Hospital pursuant to this Act or the Rules framed
(a) A person nominated by the Government of Nepal from amongst the senior doctors who have obtained at least master’s degree in medical sciences from a recognized educational institute and gained at least Fifteen years of experience in the field of cancer disease or who have obtained at least master’s degree in medical sciences from a recognized educational institute and gained at least Twenty years of experience in the field of health -Chairperson
(b) 6 -Member
(c) Secretary at the Ministry of Health and Population or at least gazetted first class officer at that Ministry as designated by him or her -Member
(d) Secretary at the Ministry of Finance or such gazetted first class officer at the Ministry of Finance as designated by him or her -Member
(e) Mayor, Bharatpur Municipality -Member
(f) Four persons nominated by the Government of Nepal from amongst the doctors involved in the field of cancer disease, consisting at least two women, and
in a manner to represent the Dalits, nationalities and Madhesi -Member
(g) A total of two persons consisting of one concerned specialist representative each from the Bir Hospital and Tribhuvan University Teaching Hospital
(h) Two persons nominated by the Board, consisting of one woman to the extent of availability, from amongst the doctors in service in the Hospital
(i) Two persons nominated by the Government of Nepal, consisting of at least one woman, from the renowned person involved in the field of social service
(j) Representative, National Health Research Council -Member
(k) Executive Director -Member Secretary
(2) The term of office of the members nominated pursuant to Sub- section (1) shall be Three years.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in Sub-section (2), if a nominated member does not discharge duties honestly or perform the duties of his or her office or suffers from incompetency, the Government of Nepal may, at any time, remove such a member from the office.
Provided that, he or she shall not be deprived of an opportunity to defend himself or herself, prior to so removing him or
(4) If the Board thinks it necessary, it may invite any expert to attend its meeting as an observer.
(5) The procedures relating to the meeting of the Board shall be as prescribed